From NYC Health:
- Depression is more than “just feeling sad.”
- Depression is not a choice or a sign of weakness or laziness. No one should feel ashamed about having it.
- Everyone feels sad, irritable or down sometimes. Depression is different. It is long-lasting, hurts people’s ability to feel joy and makes coping with daily life exhausting.
There Are Common Signs of Depression
People with depression may not look or act like they are sick or in pain, but their symptoms are just as real as any other health problem. [MORE]
- Felt sad or hopeless
- Lost interest in activities you used to enjoy
- Slept or ate too much or not enough
- Had trouble concentrating or making decisions
- Had physical problems that won’t go away
- Had thoughts about death or suicide
Help is available, you are not alone.
You have options:
Text “well” to 65173
Text the Crisis Textline: text “hello” to 741741
Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1.800.273.Talk
Get a better understanding of mental illness by taking a Mental Health First Aid class. More info [HERE].